Healthy Snack: Biscuits
Posted: Jul 18 2014
There is nothing more masculine that whipping out your pinny for a baking session.
We know that everyone has a weakness and for many it is these tasty little treats. They do not have to be bad for you however, we have a low fat biscuit recipe for you to sink your teeth into.
Oats, blueberries and pecan biscuits are exceptionally tasty and will not leave you feeling sluggish and guilty. Here's what you need:
- 175g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 140g low fat butter
- 85g porridge oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 70g dried blueberries
- 50g roughly broken pecans
- 1 beaten egg
1. Add the flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar into a bowl and mix. Chop the butter and rub this into the mixture
2. Next, add the blueberries, pecans and egg and mix well into the mixture. Once mixed, roll the dough into a sausage shape, wrap this in cling film and leave this to chill in the fridge
3. Once the sausage-shaped dough is solid, slice into discs and place on a baking tray - use baking sheets instead of butter to stop them sticking to be extra good!
4. Bake for 15 minutes at 180/fan-160/gas 4 or until golden brown
If you aren't a fan of blueberries these can easily be replaced by raisins, apricots, dates or any of your favourite dried fruits.
Eat warm or cold and enjoy!