Healthy snack: Blueberry and banana muffins
Posted: Jul 23 2014
Cakes are just one of those things. Even if you aren't a 'cake person' there are times when you will crave this sweet treat, and when you are training it can be very hard to resist such temptation. Luckily, we have a healthy recipe for banana and blueberry muffins.
You will need:
320g Whole Wheat Flour
100g Light brown sugar
60g Non-fat Greek yoghurt (vanilla flavour)
180ml Milk (this can be soy milk or semi-skimmed cows milk)
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 large egg (beaten)
2 large ripe bananas
215g blueberries (optional)
To make them:
1) Preheat your oven to 160'c
2) Mix the flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda together in a large bowl
3) Separately mix the honey and brown sugar together before adding the mashed banana, yoghurt and eggs. Add this mixture to the first bowl with your dry ingredients
4) Slowly add the milk to the bowl, this will help to thin out the mixture. Fold the blueberries in gently
5) Add the mixture to a non-stick muffin tin, try to avoid muffin cases if possible. This recipe should make 15 muffins.
You can even make double the amount and freeze them for a quick snack.
Nibble in between training as a pick-me-up or as an alternative to fat-laden cakes and biscuits.