Look Your Best With Andy's Chest and Ab's Blast
Posted: Aug 21 2013
Editors Note: Ok, guys, not many of us will ever look or train like Andy. Thankfully, not many of us will ever need to. Chess London clothes are built for all of us who play sport, workout and eat well. Occasionally though, let's be honest, we do wish we had a 6-pack like Andy... So Andy, how's it done?
Andy: I've had quite a few questions really, and heard quite a few excuses. The question's were along the lines of "how long do you spend in the gym?" or, "you must spend hours in training each day". The excuses were along the lines of "I don't have time to exercise" "i'm too busy" and so on.
I understand that spending hours in the gym is not everybody's thing, we live in a quick fix society, where results need to be instant, in as less time as possible. I personally, never spend more than 90 mins maximum training. Sometimes its less, depending on what my outcome is for the session, or what my goals may be.
Lots of people lead busy lives, and still manage to put in the training, to achieve their goals. Its unrealistic to think that their will be no obstacles in the way. We all have bills, family, dependents that need prioritising.
Over the next few weeks I'll be posting some alternative sessions, no more than 40-45 mins in length. There will be five in total, resistance based, keeping the intensity high and giving you a good workout. This is your Chess London Challenge. All you need to do, is commit to 4-5 sessions, per week for 40-45 minutes. Less is more so they tell us, lets put it to the test!!!
The first session is the Chest and Ab's Blast. Here we go!
2 - 3 mins; Warm up on tread mill, bike, cross trainer to get your HR up.
Chest Challenge Tri-set
- Set an incline bench at 45 Degrees, and using Dumbells, press for 10-12 reps.
- Lower bench to a flat position and press for 10-12 reps
- Lower bench further into a decline position, and press again for 10-12 reps.
- Give yourself one minute rest, and go again - for 3 sets.
Concentrate at all times on slow reps, contracting the muscle you are working (chest). If it feels too heavy, lower the weight. Leave the ego at home!!
Chest Flyes Dropset
- Set the bench to a 45 degree angle.
- Begin Chest Fly exercise, concentrating on a good contraction in the chest muscles, slow and controlled, keeping the muscles under constant tension. 8-10 Reps
- At the end of the set, without any rest, lower the weight by 20-30% and Fly again for 8-10 reps. Squeeze the muscles in the chest, and feel the burn!
3 Circuits of exercises below, 1 min rest between circuits, lets go!!
- Crunch x 20
- Bicycle Crunch x 20 (each side)
- Mountain Climber x 20 (each side)
- Side Bends x 20 (each side)
- Plank 20 seconds
- Nice gentle stretching,
- 2-3 mins gentle pace on bike/treadmill/rower/cross trainer
So there we are, in and out in 40-45 minutes, with a good, high intensity workout. There is no excuses now, give it a go!!
Have a great day,
Reflex Nutrition Brand Ambassador